Visit Lurie Garden
As part of the initiative to limit the spread of coronavirus, popular Chicago public parks may have limited access and special arrangements including Lurie Garden in Millennium Park.
Lurie Garden is currently open to the public. The south and east walkways can be accessed by two-way traffic. Please consider the map below that shows how you can get through the park to the garden and how you can navigate the garden at this time.
Only the Michigan Avenue entrances of Millennium Park are currently open. Refer to the map below. Orange areas indicate possible routes in/out of the park and garden.
Here are some other things to keep in mind:
- The park hours are from 8am – 9pm.
- Visitors to Millennium Park are encouraged, but not required to wear a face covering.
- Visitors are asked to maintain appropriate physical distancing.
South-Eastern corner of Millennium Park in Chicago, IL.
To find the closest pedestrian entrance of the garden, you can:
- Put “210 E. Monroe St., Chicago, IL” into Google Maps. Please note this is NOT our mailing address.
- Enter at the NW corner of the intersection of S. Columbus Dr. & Monroe St.
- Enter Millennium Park at the entrance across the street from the Modern Wing of the Art Institute of Chicago.
There is minimal meter street parking in the Millennium Park area. Paid parking is also available in the Millennium Park Garages, where space depends on availability.
Temporary garden closures/cancellations
The garden can be closed partially or in its entirety before, during, and after major events in Millennium Park. We will do our best to alert our visitors to any closings we become aware of on our Facebook Page.
During the winter sometimes all internal paths of the garden can be closed off to the public when there is snow or ice on the ground.
Have questions or thoughts to share?
In order to maintain our garden’s health, beauty, and peacefulness we ask all visitors to enjoy this shared space while following these guidelines:
- Enjoy walks on the public pathways only. Please do not step or walk in the garden beds.
- Please do not pick any flowers or dig in the garden.
- We invite you to sit and relax! Please do not climb or stand on the stone walls or stand in the water.
- Drone flying in the garden is not permitted. All professional photographers must obtain a permit from Millennium Park.
- Please abstain from smoking/vaping in the garden as the smoke/smell may disturb others.
- Please walk your bike in the garden and refrain from rollerblading and skateboarding in the park.
- No loud noise or music playing in the garden.
- Soliciting will not be permitted in the garden
- Please do not bring glassware into the garden.
- Service animals only are welcome, please do not bring dogs or other pets into the garden.
‘Ask Me’ Days
Fridays through September 9th weather permitting
Stop by the information tent on the south end of the boardwalk to get answers to all of your questions about Lurie Garden.
Private group tours can be arranged by sending us a message.