Visit Lurie Garden
Everyone is welcome to visit the garden free of charge. Come see our beautiful oasis in Millennium Park!
6am – 11pm* everyday. Please note: Millennium Park has been implementing new security measures in the park before, during, and after major events. These often can affect the garden, forcing a partial or total closure of the garden. We will do our best to alert our visitors to any closings we become aware of on our Facebook Page, but as these new security measures are being implemented sometimes closures will happen spontaneously as park security reacts to the crowds and security needs as they happen. We’re appreciative of your patience as Millennium Park refines their strategy to ensure everyone’s safety as well as the garden’s beauty.
Southeastern end of Millennium Park in Chicago, IL
There is minimal meter street parking in the Millennium Park area. Paid parking is also available in the Millennium Park Garages, where space depends on availability.
*Temporary garden closures/cancellations
The garden will be closed starting mid-afternoon on August 9 and August 13 due to security measures for events in Millennium Park.
Have questions or thoughts to share?
In order to maintain our garden’s health, beauty, and peacefulness we ask all visitors to enjoy this shared space while following these rules:
- Enjoy walks on the public pathways only. Please don’t step or walk in the garden beds.
- Please do not pick any flowers or dig in the garden.
- We invite you to sit and relax! Please do not climb or stand on the stone walls or stand in the water.
- Drone flying in the garden is not permitted.
- Please abstain from smoking in the garden.
- Please walk your bike in the garden and refrain from rollerblading and skateboarding in the park.
- No loud noise or music playing in the garden.
- Soliciting will not be permitted in the garden
- Please do not bring glassware into the garden.
- Service animals only are welcome, please do not bring dogs or other pets into the garden.
Guided walks in Lurie Garden take place each Thursday & Friday 11am – 1:15pm, and Sunday 11am – 2:15pm from May – September. Tours highlight elements of the garden’s design and its plant life.
Tours are sometimes canceled due to staffing issues, garden closures, or weather. Please check back here or on our Facebook page for other possible cancellations. Individual tours can take between 5 – 25 minutes, depending on the amount of time you may have available. All tours are drop-in, first, come/first serve and do not require registration or a fee. Tours meet at the white tour tent located at the south end of the garden’s central boardwalk. Typically, these tours can accommodate 5 – 8 people. For larger groups, private tours can be arranged by sending us a message.
If you are coming to the garden outside of the times that Lurie Garden tours are offered, you can try the GrowIt! Lurie Garden mobile tour. Lurie Garden is working with the GrowIt! to beta test a tour for those wanting to learn more about the plants in certain areas of the garden. Learn more about this tour here.
Lurie Garden Free Programming
Registration for Lurie Garden Programs is now open! Lurie Garden’s unique programs are designed to inspire individuals and families of all ages to learn about and enjoy the natural world.