Visit Lurie Garden
Open Daily, 6am – 11pm
For up-to-date park information, please visit the Millennium Park website.
Effective immediately, guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult (21 years and older) after 6pm, Thursday through Sunday – and may be asked to present a valid ID. The adult must be present for the duration of the visit and may escort up to four young people. To review the youth escort policy, visit Millennium Park Rules.
South-Eastern corner of Millennium Park in Chicago, IL.
To find the closest pedestrian entrance of the garden:
- Put “210 E. Monroe St., Chicago, IL” into Google Maps. Please note this is NOT our mailing address.
- Enter at the NW corner of the intersection of S. Columbus Dr. & Monroe St.
- Enter Millennium Park at the entrance across the street from the Modern Wing of the Art Institute of Chicago.
There is minimal meter street parking in the Millennium Park area. Paid parking is also available in the Millennium Park Garages, where space depends on availability.
Temporary garden closures/cancellations
The garden can be closed partially or in its entirety before, during, and after major events in Millennium Park.
During the winter sometimes all internal paths of the garden can be closed off to the public when there is snow or ice on the ground.
Have questions or thoughts to share?
In order to maintain our garden’s health, beauty, and peacefulness we ask all visitors to enjoy this shared space while following these guidelines:
- Enjoy walks on the public pathways only. Please do not step or walk in the garden beds.
- Please do not pick any flowers or dig in the garden.
- We invite you to sit and relax! Please do not climb or stand on the stone walls or stand in the water.
- Drone flying in the garden is not permitted. All professional photographers must obtain a permit from Millennium Park.
- Please abstain from smoking/vaping in the garden as the smoke/smell may disturb others.
- Please walk your bike in the garden and refrain from rollerblading and skateboarding in the park.
- No loud noise or music playing in the garden.
- Soliciting will not be permitted in the garden
- Please do not bring glassware into the garden.
- Service animals only are welcome, please do not bring dogs or other pets into the garden.
‘Ask Me’ Days
Fridays May-September, weather permitting
Stop by the information tent on the south end of the boardwalk to get answers to all of your questions about Lurie Garden.
Private group tours can be arranged by sending us a message.